Sree Ramakrishna Math, Puranattukara , Thrissur.
In 1927, Krishna Menon founded the Sri Ramakrishna Gurukulam at Puranattukara with two little girls belonged to the Vettuva community among the Harijans. Harijan boys followed suit and in course of time boys from other communities including Naboodiri also joined the Gurukulam. From the inception we did not discriminate the gurukulam inmates based on caste, religion or wealth.
Sri Ramakrishna Gurukula Vidyamandir school started in 1927 with 1st and 2nd standard has become a Higher Secondary school.
This is the Malayalam publishing house of the Ramakrishna Math and Ramakrishna Mission. The books as well as the Prabudhakeralam, monthly is printed in our own printing press situated in the Math campus.
Vivekananda Vijana Bhavanam was started in 1945 as the town branch of Ramakrishna Math, Puranattukara. The centre conducts various cultural and spiritual events for the benefit of the people of Thrissur city and suburbs.
Aiming at the integral development of children of the daily agricultural labourers of this locality Sree Ramakrishna Math, Puranattukara started a crèche in 1953, at Adat, two kilometres from the Main campus of the Math.
- “In a conflict between the heart and the brain, follow your heart.”
- “Devotion to duty is the highest form of worship of God.”
- “The greatest sin is to think yourself weak”
- “They alone live, who live for others.”
- “You cannot believe in God until you believe in yourself.”
- “Neither seek nor avoid, take what comes.”
- “arise,awake,stop not until your goal is achieved.”
- “The fire that warms us can also consume us; it is not the fault of the fire.”
- “Comfort is no test of truth. Truth is often far from being comfortable.”
- “believe in yourself and the world will be at your feet”
- “Desire, ignorance, and inequality—this is the trinity of bondage.”
- “Blessed are they whose bodies get destroyed in the service of others.”